Most weekends; please check our calendar before arriving and reserve your space; ages under 12 should be accompanied by a paying adult; you are welcome to bring your own (adult) beverages and snacks; arrive & create anytime during this open session.
Just $19 for hours of expressive and creative play filled with paints, stamps, ink pads, markers, decorative papers and more!
Please reserve your last half hour for returning supplies to their places and cleaning up your space.) Aside from our scheduled class and events, this is the only time we are open to the public for you to just PLAY and CREATE using our HUGE COLLECTION of STUDIO SUPPLIES!
ALL are welcome . . . even if (and especially if!) you do not think you are creative. What a great way to begin! This is not a structured workshop, but we have lots of ideas to get you started, and one of our creative ARTtenders will always be there to answer questions. Young children who need more assistance should be accompanied by a paying adult who can create with them.
Bring your own project or try one of the activities below:
* Play with a variety of unique art supplies in a cool space - experiment with something new
* Create stationery or notecards, we have tons of envelopes and paper all included
* Experiment with acrylic paint “shots” and gel mediums (available at an extra charge of just $1 per shot; bring a canvas or purchase one here.)
* Explore through bins of papers, stamps and collage materials
* De-stress with Zentangle, drawing simple, repetitive patterns
* Journal with our ARTstarters monthly calendar of creative exercises
Paper Artists: view our video on our home page for a tour of all the mixed media, collage and journaling tools.
We offer the following items for those who come to paint:
* stencils and texture tools
* mixed media collage and papers to add into paintings
* use of our brushes, aprons and easels
* student grade acrylic paints
* shimmering watercolor
* mica pigments to mix into paints for unique colors:
* plus fun acrylic mixology tips!
Also available for purchase:
*higher quality acrylic shots and texture mediums (such as gel mediums, molding paste, bead gel, pumice gel and more) at just $1 a shot: it's a fun way to experiment with different gel mediums instead of buying full jars.
* canvases in assorted sizes
(Note: we do allow you to bring in your own canvases, but will charge an $8 fee for canvases you bring in to paint on that are larger than 16" x 20)
Most painting artists find it's an inspirational place to paint, even if they aren't taking advantage of all the paper tools. We have lots of space to spread out and knowledgable staff who have been trained by a variety of artists who are there to help, if needed. You are also welcome to bring your own beverages/snacks to make it a celebratory experience.
Please reserve your spot as we have limited seating.